TEHRAN — Iran’s Judiciary spokesman said on Tuesday that the Islamic Republic will file lawsuits against U.S. President Donald Trump and the U.S. government for the assassination of Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani, Iran’s top anti-terror commander, in Iraq earlier this month.
“We intend to file lawsuits in the Islamic Republic, Iraq and The Hauge [sic] Court (International Court of Justice) against the military and government of America and against Trump,” Gholamhossein Esmaeili said during a press conference, according to Mehr.
“There is no doubt that the U.S. military has done a terrorist act assassinating Guards Commander Lt. Gen. Soleimani and Second-in-Command of Iraq Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis... and Trump has confessed doing the crime.”
“The firmest reason for accusing an individual is his confession,” he added.
“We will initially file a lawsuit in Iran, which is legal under the Islamic Penal Code,” he said.
“Then we will do the same in Iraq and The Hague Court against Trump and the U.S. military,” he added.
In his Tuesday remarks, Esmaeili said the next step in Iran’s tough revenge will be taken as well in order to end the illegitimate presence of the Americans in the region.
I'm sure the US is especially afraid of lawsuits filed in Iran itself.
We have lots of ideas, but we need more resources to be even more effective. Please donate today to help get the message out and to help defend Israel.
This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For 20 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.
Shabbat Shalom and the Once Great Europe
-
Shabbat Shalom!
I have a friend who just came back from a vacation in Europe with horror
stories about the situation there. From what I see in the medi...
I Am Interviewed in Italian
-
I was text interviewed for an Italian outlet. I received an email,
responded, was asked two additional questions of clarification and here I am:
(transla...
Aliyah to Har Habayit-- Temple Mount Today
-
Yes, today was a big celebration for me... I ascended Har Habayit-- Temple
Mount today for the third time. As with the first time, I joined my
neighbor R...
The Clueless Hate Preachers in Liverpool
-
Whichever city i visit, I invariably come across a pro-Palestine street
stall set up along the main shopping street on a Saturday afternoon. Last
weekend...
Elder of Ziyon
-
Love of Israel is in no way contradictory to love of America. American Jews
are very appreciative to live in a country that is not only welcoming of
Jews b...
Now What?
-
Today, Jews cannot walk down the street in North America, Europe, or even
Australia without the possibility of being spat on, beaten, or even
murdered. Cou...
Closing Jews Down Under Website
-
With a heavyish heart I am closing down the website after ten years.
It is and it isn’t an easy decision after 10 years of constant work. The
past...
‘Test & Trace’ is a mirage
-
Lockdown II thoughts: Day 1 Opposition politicians have been banging on
about the need for a ‘working’ Test & Trace system even more loudly than
the govern...