There were two major themes covered almost exhaustively.
One was Amnesty International, which announced a tool based on lies to prove that Israel was guilty of war crimes in 2014. Nearly every one of Amnesty's tweets about events that happened a year before, claiming that Israel was targeting civilians, was countered by me showing that Israel had a legitimate target for each specified attack.
Even though I provided actual "martyr posters" for many of the people amnesty called "civilian," they have not corrected a single data point, proving beyond any doubt that Amnesty International values anti-Israel lies over the truth.
The second major theme was UNWRA, as a story I came up with last year - showing UNRWA teachers posting antisemitic and pro-terror entries on Facebook - got some serious media coverage, culminating, so far, with the US State Department issuing a wishy-washy memo about it.
Of course, EoZ covered many other stories, such as the Iran nuclear deal, the Temple Mount violence, media bias and many examples of unreported Arab antisemitism. I made posters and cartoons.
If you are going to misuse the term "tikkun olam," you might as well misuse it for a valuable cause!
The EoZ Twitter account has now reached 16,000 followers. The Facebook page has over 4000 "Likes."
I am happy to say that we now have six people contributing to the content of the site. Besides myself, we have
- The illustrious Ian, who has done over 1,300 linkdumps that are the best daily roundup of news stories available anywhere
- Mike Lumish, who has been writing his column now for about 18 months.
- "PreOccupied Territory", who adds a bit of humor to what can seem to be very humorless topics.
- Vic Rosenthal, whose insightful analysis has created some memorable comment threads.
- "Daphne Anson," who adds much needed historical context to today's news stories.
This all takes time, effort and money. Please donate to help keep the blog going.
Click here to donate with Paypal.
If you prefer, you can send an Amazon gift card.to my email coolboardpresident - at- yahoo.com.
And have a g'mar chatimah tova!
(This post will remain on top of the webpage for the day, scroll down to see other posts.)