Friday, November 09, 2018

  • Friday, November 09, 2018
  • Elder of Ziyon
From a Twitter thread by Elisheva Avital. Click to enlarge photos.
(I posted this without first asking her permission, and I apologize for that.  I asked her if she wants me to remove this post.)



Today is the 80th anniversary of #Kristallnacht. 
A personal story: 
My grandfather fought in WWII. He never spoke about it, so we didn't know much about his time in the service, but based on the patches on his uniform, we think he did something in intel.
The next part takes place two years ago.
He died, and I'm cleaning out his house with my mom and sister.
We find a photo album.
When I open it, I feel like it might burn a hole in my hands.
The first few pages have pictures of Jewish homes being ransacked; people are in robes and pajamas. Several are bleeding.
Here, some jolly Nazis stealing Jewish holy books, later to be burned.
Now we move on to the stores:
The next section is like a gut-punch. They enter a synagogue, overturn everything. You can see prayer shawls strewn everywhere.
Then they get to the holy ark, and pry it open to steal the silver and burn the Torah. At this point I feel tears welling up in my eyes.
Then they pour accelerant, and set the whole thing ablaze. I had never before seen pictures of a shul on fire from the inside.
At this point, I take out some of the pictures and turn them over. This is what I find: November 10, 1938. Nuremburg. 
A shiver goes through me. When I google the names, I find they were Nazi photojournalists.
These are behind-the-scenes pics of happy Nazis on a rampage, presumably on Kristallnacht. 
What they were doing was COMPLETELY LEGAL.
You tell us "never again."
I'm not so sure.
#Kristallnacht #kristallnacht80
For those who have asked, I forgot to add: we have NO idea how he came to own these



We have lots of ideas, but we need more resources to be even more effective. Please donate today to help get the message out and to help defend Israel.

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive