Thursday, January 08, 2015

  • Thursday, January 08, 2015
  • Elder of Ziyon

Jim Clancy, a CNN correspondent and anchor for international affairs, made a slightly strange observation about the Charlie Hebdo cartoons:


Oren Kessler showed that Clancy was wrong:

I joined in, saying that my collection of cartoons included some that  clearly mocked Mohammed, and Clancy dismissed me:




So I posted one that I hadn't placed on my blog from Charlie Hebdo because of its content and asked for how he viewed that one:




Clancy didn't answer directly, but he then wrote this tweet:

What does being pro-Israel have to do with this discussion? Clearly Clancy thinks that it is relevant, between his "hasbara" tweet earlier and this one to me. It becomes a little clearer later.

I answered:




Meanwhile, Clancy tweeted:



When another tweeter responded to my previous tweet, Clancy again tried to bring Israel into the discussion:


Say what?

At the same time, another user responded to Clancy's "Pro-Israel voice" tweet, and Clancy yet again tried to turn this into a "hasbara" issue:




Some antisemite named "JewsMaking News" was polluting the thread with Jew-hating comments. Clancy seems to think that "JewsMakingNews"is a false flag hasbara operation, presumably because there aren't any real antisemites in the planet tweeting so Jews have to make them up. (He has since removed this tweet.)





A number of people pointed out to Clancy that I'm approaching 13,000 followers on Twitter, and wondering whether his disregard for simple facts reflects on his news gathering abilities.

And then: (He deleted this tweet this morning)





There you have it. I'm anti-Muslim because I'm pro-Israel, I'm a PR flack for Israel and I am against human rights. And anti-semites are simply Israeli  false flags to get better PR.

He figured all of that out just from a few of my tweets about Charlie Hebdo!

I responded:









At the same time, many people went after Clancy for his meltdown. He may have deleted some of his more ridiculous tweets too. He blocked numerous tweeters as well. There are some very funny sub-threads from people who were incredulous at how Clancy was acting.

I did not see any of his 50,000 followers come to his defense during this meltdown.

Clancy went on to other topics and didn't respond to me any more.

But this was really something. Besides showing himself to be remarkably unprofessional, Jim Clancy revealed that he has an interesting preconception that Zionists are reflexively anti-Muslim and anti- human rights.

As a postscript: I had reported last month that the Jordanian Media Institute - which receives funds from some major NGOs and governments - had prominently praised a terrorist on one of its websites as a role model for journalists. 

Guess who spoke at the terrorist-loving JMI?


See also Israellycool.

Also Twitchy and Honest Reporting.

(h/t AR)

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive