Wednesday, December 04, 2019

  • Wednesday, December 04, 2019
  • Elder of Ziyon

The headlines say "Jeremy Corbyn apologises for antisemitism in Labour party" - but his words say no such thing.


Corbyn: May I make it clear, I am
Host: Just say sorry!
Corbyn: Wait a minute,
Host: No, just say sorry!
Corbyn:  Let me say can I say something? well our party...
Host: I want you to say 'sorry'
Corbyn, frustrated: Our party and me, yeah,do not accept anti-semitism in any form
Host: So are you sorry?
Corbyn: Obviously I’m very sorry for everything that’s happened but I want to make this clear I am dealing with it. I have dealt with it. Other parties are also affected by anti-Semitism, Candidates have been withdrawn by the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives and by us because we do not accept it in any form whatsoever.
And I think the chief rabbis comments really ought to be taken for what they are. He hasn't contacted me about it I'm very happy to meet him very happy to talk to him very happy to talk to any representatives of any part of the Jewish community within our society because I recognize that anti-semitism is a poison and it's very dangerous. When it's allowed to run on you know what happens you know the history of Europe in the 20th century.  But any other form of racism is equally unacceptable Islamophobia or anything else.
An apology would say what he is sorry for, not saying "sorry for everything that's happened." But then he negates even that fake apology by falsely claiming that he has dealt with it - and then tryng to deflect to "everyone else is antisemitic too."

Corbyn then says he is against Nazi-style antisemitism. Wow, how brave. And then he waters even that down by saying that it is just like other forms of bigotry, like Islamophobia - which even further negates whatever that "sorry" was.

In short - he never admitted Labour has an antisemitism problem. He never said he was sorry for his part in it. He only said the word "sorry" after being brow-beaten by the host several times, as reluctantly as possible. Corbyn then negated it by saying that Labour wasn't any worse than any other party in that respect. And he then further watered down the apology by comparing antisemitism to other forms of racism that Labour actually does spend time talking about, when in reality antisemitism is much different from other bigotries. In fact, the way the Left fights other bigotries fosters antisemitism by positioning everyone as either a victim or an oppressor: Jews - by being supposedly powerful - are always looked upon as the oppressors, never the victims, in a simplistic Leftist world where you can only be one or the other.



We have lots of ideas, but we need more resources to be even more effective. Please donate today to help get the message out and to help defend Israel.

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive