IDF and the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories Unit (COGAT) have made an effort to facilitate Palestinian movement throughout the area by reopening six important roadways.And:
The terror attacks of the Second Intifada forced Israel to close roadways in Judea and Samaria during this difficult period, specifically in high-risk zones. Lately, in light of increased stability and calm in the region, the IDF and COGAT have made an effort to facilitate Palestinian movement throughout the area by reopening six important roadways.
• Shomronim Barrier.
• Shofa Izbat Shofa Barrier.
• Zvata Barrier.
• Sha'ar Gilazun Barrier.
• Ariel Salfit Barrier.
• Beit Dajan Barrier.
In the last few days hundreds of violent attacks were directed against IDF patrols, Border Police and civilians by Arab terrorists with rocks, fire bombs, Molotov Cocktails, rocks put on the road to force the vehicles to stop. Security forces have responded to these murderous attacks using restraint.
May 8, 2012
May 7, 2012
- Massive rock attacks on Israeli vehicles on the road between Efrat and Tekoa causing damage.
- Rock attacks against Israeli vehicles on Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway near El Arub causing damage to vehicles.
- Near Bet Umar on the Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway IDF soldier moderately injured by rocks in his leg. He was treated by IDF medic on the spot.
- Possible shooting directed on Israeli vehicle between Ma'ale Levona and Sinjil in the Benjamin Region. Driver reported shots and when the vehicle was examined the mirror was found damaged. Security patrols check for evidence of shooting.
- For hours over 50 Arab terrorists in Abu Dis north east of Bet Lechem attack IDF forces with rocks and Molotov Cocktails.
- Massive rock attacks and damage to several Israeli vehicles on the Cross Judea Highway near the bridge of Chalchul and near Bene Naim village in the Kiryat Arba region.
- Massive rock attacks against Israeli bus in El Fuar in the Southern Hebron Hills.
- Rock attacks against Israeli vehicles near Bet Enun north of Kiryat Arba continuing the attack for hours and causing damage to Israeli vehicles. And moderate injuries to 2 Israelis.
- Bet Enun, planned ambush by Arab terrorists with vehicles waiting to escape into the village following attacks on Israeli vehicles. Following the attacks the waiting vehicles escaped into the village when IDF arrived. 7 Israeli vehicles were damaged in the attack.
- Arab terrorists attacked IDF force near Neguhot in the southern Hebron Hills and rock attacks against Israeli vehicles near El Fuar.
- Rock attacks between Bet Umar and El Arub causing damage to Israeli vehicles.
- Arab terrorists continue to attack Israeli vehicles on the Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway near Chalchul north of Hebron as a result of the attack Israeli bus damaged.
- Road 446 north of Nili in the Benjamin Region Arab terrorists put blocks in road causing damage to Israeli vehicle that hit the obstruction.
- Massive rock attacks on Israeli vehicles near El Arub on the Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway.
- Arab terrorists threw rocks on Israeli vehicle north of Na'alim checkpost causing damage.
- 3 Arab terrorists started fire between Har Bracha and Kedumim in the Shomron fire fighters put out the flames.
- Hundreds of Arab terrorists with Hamas flags marched inside of Hebron towards the Jewish Quarter of Hebron.
- Qalandia checkpost Arab terrorist found hiding firearm on his possession. Arrested and taken in for questioning by security forces.
- Rock attacks on Israeli vehicles between Tapuach and Migdalim in the Shomron causing damage.