Monday, January 20, 2014

  • Monday, January 20, 2014
  • Elder of Ziyon
The Christian Peacemaker Teams, an NGO that hangs around Hebron to catch Jews doing bad things, recently published an article about how they can understand how teenagers want to throw stones at Israeli soldiers:

Years ago in our Hebron apartment, we had a foam cushion insert on which someone had drawn a smiling face. Dubbed “Happy Foam Square,” we would throw it at a wall when our work got frustrating, and doing so was surprisingly cathartic.

So in a small way, I understand why throwing stones feels good. I also understand, when I see the posters of small boys throwing stones at tanks, that their actions are brave. I understand why the narrative of an occupied people resisting one of the most technologically advanced militaries in the world with rocks and Molotov cocktails is a source of pride in some circles.
They have endless stories about alleged abuses by IDF soldiers in Hebron, even as they are being bombarded with these innocent stones.

It reminded me of a video I took a while back, which got lost when a YouTube account of mine was closed. I just made a quick updated version:



When the people who are telling you something have an agenda, see how honest they are about incidents that contradict their stories.

I'm not saying ugly things don't happen in Hebron sometimes. But it is not the way these NGOs say it is, and there are plenty of violent incidents against Jews in Hebron that these NGOs will never, ever talk about. Because their funding, quite frankly, depends on demonizing Jews, not reporting the truth.

(h/t Bob Knot and Calev Ben Yefuneh)



AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive