- Even though nothing has been said officially, he is certain that Egypt's new leader Mohamed Morsi will "lift the siege on Gaza."
- Since Hamas took over Gaza, it closed cabarets, cafes and casinos where people could drink wine.
- Hamas opened numerous mosques.
- "We made the Gaza beach an Islamic beach we can be proud of."
- The religious ministry also opened up Islamic chapels for vacationers.
The mosque that was opened was named after Said Seyam, former interior minister of the Gaza government, a major Hamas leader - and a former UNRWA teacher.