Presidential Spokesperson Nabil Abu Rudeineh Sunday stated that the Israeli government is plunging the whole region into endless violence and chaos.Once again, the message being given from Mahmoud Abbas is that without pressuring Israel to give him everything he demands, there will continue to be terrorism and war throughout the world.
Speaking to Palestine TV from Moscow, Abu Rudenieh stated that uncommon and clear political positions would be taken within the next few days or weeks with regards to the Question of Palestine, which stands at a serious crossroads.
Describing President Mahmoud Abbas’ visit to Moscow as “highly significant,” he explained that moves and decisions would be soon taken by the Palestinian leadership in coordination with key European states and Moscow in order not to allow the current status quo continue.
He noted that the Israeli government should halt all of its measures and abandon its positions that had been detrimental to the peace process and stressed that Israeli government’s policies, coupled with the United States’ incapacity and international withdrawal from solving the Question of Palestine, could no longer be tolerated.
“We warn that the lack of a solution to the Question of Palestine would serve to fuel more violence, chaos and terrorism worldwide,” he stated.
He urged major world powers to reconsider their total bias in favor of the Israeli government which is plunging the whole region into endless violence, devastation and problems.
Abbas arrived to Moscow on Sunday afternoon for a two-day diplomatic visit, where he is scheduled to meet with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin on Monday, to address Arab League’s efforts to obtain a UN Security Council resolution against Israeli settlement construction in the occupied Palestinian Territories.
Abbas and Putin are set to discuss the organization of an international peace conference to address the Question of Palestine.
Apart from Abu Rudeineh, Abbas is accompanied by Secretary-General of PLO Executive Committee Saed Erekat, Foreign Minister Riyad al-Mlaiki, Presidential Advisor on Diplomatic Affairs Majdi al-Khalidi and Palestinian Ambassador to Russia Abd al-Hafith Nofal.
So far no Western leader hasn't answered with any of the obvious responses:
1. How exactly will Israel's caving to demands stop fighting in Syria, Iraq, Libya and Yemen, for starters?
2. If the lack of peace is causing war, then your adamant refusal to meet with Israeli leaders should mean that you are partially responsible for wars in the region too, aren't you?
3. You are making it sound a lot like you are going to ensure that terrorism will be around unless you are satisfied with Israeli concessions. How is this different from a mob-style threat?
4. If you declare that you are satisfied with Israeli peace moves, does that mean that everything will be peaceful? What about your more hawkish opponents like Hamas?
5. If you have so much influence over your own people and the Arab world to be the one who decides what concessions are enough, then why aren't you using that influence to create an environment of peace today?
This is a blackmail playing to the world's fears of irrational Muslim terror, and Abbas is happy to exploit those fears to extract concessions from frightened world leaders grasping at straws to hope that by some magic, an Israel-Palestinian peace agreement would take the wind out of the sails of the Islamic State and Boko Haram.
And Hamas and Islamic Jihad, which have veto power over any peace agreement Abbas comes up with.
We have lots of ideas, but we need more resources to be even more effective. Please donate today to help get the message out and to help defend Israel.