Ken Roth, the executive director of Human Rights Watch, proves his anti-Israel bias in an absurd tweet intended to show HRW is unbiased!
No one is saying that Israelis "poor, helpless, defenseless" - that is Ken Roth's own hate of the Jewish state revealing itself quite publicly.
Because the evidence of HRW's, and Ken Roth's bias against Israel is incontrovertible.
The quick answer to his tweet is the huge amount of resources and attention HRW has given to castigating Israel (and the US) compared to every other country on the planet. Multiple, huge reports are written about events with death tolls that are a fraction of those in other areas of the world. Here I compare HRW's attention given to every country compared to their Freedom House scores - there is no correlation.
Here are only some examples I've written about over the years:
- HRW condemned Ariel Sharon for his indirect role in Sabra and Shatila when he died - but never condemned the Christian Phalangists who actually did the killings. It never condemned any other world figure at the moment of their death.
- HRW does not support equal rights for Palestinians in Lebanon who want to become citizens.
- HRW twists international law in regards to Israel repeatedly.
- HRW has one definition of "occupation" for Israel, and another for the rest of the world.
- Ken Roth insulted Israel when it announced plans to save the lives of Syrian Alawites, even as no other country in the world was doing anything for Syrians.
- Ken Roth wrote an article castigating Israel that had quite a few lies. he tried to weasel out of some but never admitted his errors.
- HRW never answers whether they believe Jews have the right to pray on their holiest spot.
- HRW once had its employees write pro-HRW comments on numerous websites pretending that they were ordinary people - engaging in "sock-puppetry" - in defense of their employee with the Nazi memorabilia obsession.
- The Sunday Times once showed HRW's obsession with Israel out of proportion to every other conflict.
- A HRW researcher falsely claimed Palestinian Arabs in the territories live in "shanties" while Jews live in "spacious villas."
This is beyond looking at their reports and press releases on Israel and the numerous patterns of bias, ignoring any facts that contradict their pre-conceived anti-Israel bias, as well as proof of their ignorance of military methods, every time.
Ken Roth likes to speak about Israel's "impunity" but HRW is not transparent about their methods of information gathering and reporting, about how they hire their Middle East "experts,"or really about their methods altogether - even as they demand the same from everyone else. It is HRW that acts with impunity against Israel.
Ken Roth never answered these charges - because he can't. Instead he tweets snarky comments insulting the very nation he claims he is not biased against.