Oren even used my line from this poster:
Proving once again that I control the world! Bwa-ha-ha!
Kol hakavod to Oren to be able to do stuff like this.
While Oren was talking about how friendly Americans and Israelis are, the US Embassy in Egypt issued a warning to Americans there:
The current security environment in Egypt may offer opportunities to groups or individuals that want to target westerners or U.S. interests. While these risks cannot be completely avoided, there are many personal security measures that U.S. citizens can take to lower their profiles and minimize their exposure to situations and environments that pose a significant threat. These include but are not limited to:This isn't a warning to diplomats, or intelligence operatives - it is a warning to every American who wants to visit Egypt.
- Varying times and routes in your daily schedule;
- Maintaining awareness of your surroundings;
- In traffic, maintaining space around your vehicle in which to maneuver, always leaving yourself an exit, and avoiding choke points;
- Keeping the windows of your car rolled up and doors locked;
- If followed while driving, blowing your horn repeatedly to attract attention and driving directly to a safehaven (e.g. a police station or hotel). Make a point to know where these potential safehavens are in your neighborhood;
- If walking, using well-lit, heavily traveled streets. If you feel threatened, walking into a store, police station, or other public building;
- Varying the times and locations of your recreational activities so as to avoid establishing an identifiable pattern;
- Limiting knowledge of your personal activities to those who need to know;
- Learning uniforms of local police and being able to recognize their credentials;
- Being on a constant lookout for surveillance activity;
- Never giving out personal information, such as family member or household staff names, addresses, and telephone numbers in an open setting;
- Avoiding emblems on clothing and cars that overtly identify you as a U.S. citizen;
U.S. citizens should avoid areas where large gatherings may occur. Even demonstrations or events intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence. U.S. citizens in Egypt are urged to monitor local news reports and to plan their activities accordingly.
So as hard as Oren's job to explain Israel is, just imagine the poor shmuck who has to put a happy face on Egypt.