Monday, July 06, 2009

  • Monday, July 06, 2009
  • Elder of Ziyon
A coworker just informed me that a song by the Black Eyed Peas includes the lyrics "Mazel Tov" and "L'Chaim."

Sure enough, they are there, horribly misspelled in various lyrics sites.

Fill up my cup (Drink)
Mozolotov (Lahyme)
Look at her dancing (Move it Move it)
Just take it off
Not exactly bubbe-friendly lyrics!

This song has been noticed by the Jewish Journal blog.

The song is pretty catchy, although the lyrics themselves are a bit more raunchy than the music I normally listen to. The video is borderline NSFW, at least in my prudish opinion.

But I acknowledge that I am ancient. I am the Elder, after all.

UPDATE: For a more bizarre use of Yiddish by pop stars, check out the Jackson brothers' (sans Michael) take on Bei Mir Bis Du Schoen (introduction starts around 2:22, song at 3:00)


AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive