The nomination of any candidates, parties or coalitions will be refused, and such nomination or registration once made will be canceled, if such candidates, parties or coalitions:So Hamas changed its name for a couple of months and everyone looked the other way as they continued to advocate the genocide of Jews from the Middle East. At the time many people excused this illegal act by saying that Hamas will reform and moderate as it uses the political process.
1. commit or advocate racism; or
2. pursue the implementation of their aims by unlawful or non- democratic means.
Then Hamas won, but those who want to fund those who want to destroy Israel didn't miss a beat. They said the West should continue to fund the PA because Hamas hasn't taken power yet.
Then Hamas took power, and those who want to fund those who want to destroy Israel didn't miss a beat. They said that we need to wait until Hamas publishes its platform, and until then the money should flow freely.
Now Hamas released its platform, which includes:
We announce that the founding principles of our government will be based on the following points.
1. The expulsion of the occupation and the establishment of a sovereign independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital.
2. A commitment to the right of return of Palestinians to their homes and property. We believe that the right of return is a private and collective right that can't be given up.
3. Resistance in all its formed is a legitimate right of the Palestinian people in its path to put an end to the occupation and the reinstatement of its national rights.
Now, let's see how many of the advocates of "peace" will take a principled stand and agree that no money should go to unreformed terrorists.
Because if they still want to fund Hamas (directly or indirectly) after giving the terrorists so many chances to embrace peace, one must start to wonder whether peace is really their goal.
I anxiously await the principled peaceniks' pronouncements.