As is the case every year, a large percentage of my recent webpage hits have been for people looking for a translation of that phrase:
So here is the translation again:
Literally: A good final sealingI unconditionally forgive anyone who may have wronged me during this year, and I ask forgiveness for anyone I may have wronged as well.
Idiomatically: May you be inscribed (in the Book of Life) for Good
Specifically (as enumerated in previous years, courtesy of The Muqata):
- If you sent me email and I didn't reply, or didn't get back to you in a timely fashion -- I apologize.
- If you sent me a story and I didn't publish it or worse, didn't give you a hat tip for the story -- I'm sorry. (I sometimes get multiple tips for the same story and I usually credit the first one I saw, which is not always the earliest.And I cannot publish all the stories I am sent, although I try to place appropriate ones in the linkdumps.)
- If you requested help from me and I wasn't able to provide it -- I'm sorry.
- I apologize if I posted without the proper attribution, with the wrong attribution, or without attribution at all.
- I'm sorry if any of my posts offended you personally.
May this be a year of life, peace, prosperity and security.