Wednesday, July 06, 2011

  • Wednesday, July 06, 2011
  • Elder of Ziyon
From the rabidly anti-Israel site Mondoweiss:

The urgency of this fund-drive is that we need reader support to institutionalize our website or it will begin to stagger (and ultimately disappear).

We've always said that we would be happy to be put out of business in an eye-blink if the American mainstream media would cover our issues fairly. But they won't. They are afraid.

Donate to Mondoweiss.net now to keep open the free flow of information about the Middle East

For five years we've run this site as a labor of love, and Adam Horowitz and I were able to sustain that commitment. But we often put in seven days a week, and we're both burning out.

We've raised over $10,000 in the first week of the drive, and we can't tell you how much we appreciate it! Right now, we will be trying to find foundations to help us, and wealthy individuals, but it is readers' support has been vital, and we're very grateful. If you haven’t yet -- please donate to ensure the life of the site.
It's funny, because the American mainstream media also doesn't fairly cover the issues I cover. I also support the free flow of information about the Middle East - not the news media memes. I also run this site as a labor of love, 6 days a week, for nearly seven years. (I would argue that theirs is more a labor of seething hate.)

I write here largely by myself, part time, while Mondoweiss has about 14 different writers listed in just the past couple of days' worth of articles. And yet I manage to compete pretty well with the number of Mondoweiss readers, at times even surpassing it (according to Alexa.)



If the pro-Israel narrative is so dominant, then why is an anti-Israel blog getting over $12,000 in ten days of fundraising?

When it comes down to it, the Israel haters are the ones with the deep pockets. I bet that all the pro-Israel blogs combined didn't raise anything close to $12,000 over the past year. And there are certainly no foundations, no EU-funded NGOs, no Israeli government groups and no rich Zionist Jews who are throwing money towards grassroots hasbara blogs.

The problem is that the pro-Israel new media community is not nearly as well organized as the haters are. We need to do something about that.

(And I won't object to any rich Zionists who want to throw a few thousand dollars my way, using the donation button. I might even use it to revamp the site and get off of the very limited Blogger platform. Maybe if I make the site as attractive as Mondoweiss, I'll double their audience!)

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive