1. Where did the Yaman and Qais tribes, who fought a bloody feud for hundreds of years in Palestine, come from, respectively?
A. Ancient Canaan and Philistia
B. Yemen and Northern Arabia
C. Syria and Transjordan
D. Yemen and Egypt
2, According to John MacGregor, who visited Palestine in the 1870s, what was the worst insult that an Arab could hurl at another Arab?
3. What was the year of the first organized Arab attack against a Jewish settlement?
4. What was the year of the first official Arab boycott of Jewish businesses in Palestine?
5. In the early 1930s, tens of thousands of people from what country illegally immigrated into Palestine because of a severe drought?
6. Who gave a live radio broadcast to the attendees of the Palestine Pavilion in the 1939 New York World's Fair?
A. Hajj Amin Husseini
B. Winston Churchill
C. Fawzi al-Qawuqji
D. Chaim Weizmann
7. Two teams of Nazis parachuted into Palestine in 1944. Each team included one person who had what in common?
A. Jews who bargained their lives to avoid death camps
B. Arab ringleaders of the 1936 uprising who fled to Nazi Germany
C. British Nazi-sympathizers
D. Iraqi collaborators
8. What were "boycott bombs"?
A. Bombs against Arab businesses by Jews
B. Bombs against Jewish businesses by Arabs
C. Bombs against Arab businesses by Arabs
D. Bombs against Arabs by Jewish victims of the Arab boycott
9. Who collaborated with the Arab side in the 1948 War of Independence?
A. Escaped Nazi prisoners of war
B. WWII French Resistance fighters
C. Members of the British Union of Fascists
D. Soviet spies
10. Who were the first refugees forced to flee their homes in the days leading up to the 1948 War?
A. Jews from Jaffa
B. Arabs from Deir Yassin
C. Arabs from Jaffa
D. Jews from Jerusalem
Answers with links:
9. A and C
10. A (Palestine Post pageviews gone at the moment)
Sometimes The Truth Just Stares You In The Face
3 hours ago