The anti-Hamas news service, Palestine Press Agency, publishes details of a supposedly confidential internal Hamas report about the endemic corruption that Hamas members and subsidiaries are spreading throughout Gaza.
A number of details are given:
- Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh has been going on a real-estate buying spree, buying up property and businesses through his children.
- Another of Haniyeh son was caught at the Rafah border trying to smuggle in millions of dollars.
- A number of real-estate scams are detailed, such as selling government land to Hamas members only.
- A Hamas major has stolen a quarter of a million dollars worth of drugs and sold them.
- Another member extorted money from people who went on Hajj last year.
- Members of the Qassam Brigades are getting double salaries, both from that terror group and from Hamas itself.
- Also revealed is that a number of Hamas investments in Gulf real estate, meant to help cash flow, have gone bad, losing tens of millions of dollars. As a result of the cash crisis, Hamas has resorted to stealing money from banks.
- There may also be infighting within Hamas, as one episode is detailed where a leader of the Al Qassam Brigades broke into Ismail Haniyeh's office to take hundreds of thousands of dollars given to him by George Galloway earlier this year!
Sometimes The Truth Just Stares You In The Face
3 hours ago