The anti-Hamas news service, Palestine Press Agency, publishes details of a supposedly confidential internal Hamas report about the endemic corruption that Hamas members and subsidiaries are spreading throughout Gaza.
A number of details are given:
- Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh has been going on a real-estate buying spree, buying up property and businesses through his children.
- Another of Haniyeh son was caught at the Rafah border trying to smuggle in millions of dollars.
- A number of real-estate scams are detailed, such as selling government land to Hamas members only.
- A Hamas major has stolen a quarter of a million dollars worth of drugs and sold them.
- Another member extorted money from people who went on Hajj last year.
- Members of the Qassam Brigades are getting double salaries, both from that terror group and from Hamas itself.
- Also revealed is that a number of Hamas investments in Gulf real estate, meant to help cash flow, have gone bad, losing tens of millions of dollars. As a result of the cash crisis, Hamas has resorted to stealing money from banks.
- There may also be infighting within Hamas, as one episode is detailed where a leader of the Al Qassam Brigades broke into Ismail Haniyeh's office to take hundreds of thousands of dollars given to him by George Galloway earlier this year!
Tunisia: 3 soldiers murdered by terrorists
6 hours ago