Amman, Aug. 6 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II said the core of the problem in the region is the continuation of the Israeli occupation of the Arab lands.I guess none of the "distinguished students" bothered asking him some basic questions:
Addressing distinguished students from Jordanian universities at the Royal Court, the King said that Jordan's position on the Israeli aggression was frank and clear, indicating it condemned the aggression, and called for an immediate ceasefire and for full sovereignty of the Lebanese government on all Lebanese lands.
He linked the continuation of resistance with the continuation of occupation. "As long as there is occupation, there will be resistance," the King added.
His Majesty said that efforts he has been making over the past weeks and months on more than one level, were designed to crystallize and Arab position on events and the conflict in the region.
- If occupation is so bad, how come Jordan occupied the territories and didn't bother giving Palestinian Arabs a state before 1967?
- When he says "occupation" is he referring to only the West Bank or all of Israel, as Hezbollah does?
- Is he acting out of fear for what would happen to him if he came out against unprovoked Islamist attacks against Israel?
- Is it abundantly clear to him that he can never afford to offend radical Islam, but he can afford to offend Israel and America with impunity?
- Does he have the ability to condemn any Jewish or Israeli deaths, ever?