Wednesday, June 01, 2005

  • Wednesday, June 01, 2005
  • Elder of Ziyon
This article proves something I've said before: don't confuse Palestinian leadership with the Palestinian people. Palestinians themelves just want to live in peace, whether it is in occupied land or other Arab lands. Being an independent state under a corrupt thugocracy is far worse than being under "occupation" but being able to feed one's family. Their situation is being kept purposefully artificially bad by their so-called "leaders" whose interest is not in their own people but rather in the destruction of Israel in stages.
GAZA - As it turns out, Israeli settlers are not the only Gaza residents concerned about the upcoming Israeli withdrawal. Palestinian farmers employed in Gush Katif told Ynet they are worried about what may lie ahead.

Currently, some 3,000 Palestinians are employed in the Gaza settlement bloc, most of them in agriculture. Some agreed to speak to Ynet about their feelings ahead of the disengagement, however they declined to use their real names.

Mahmoud, 33, a Khan Younis resident, said he is concerned about providing for his family once the pullout is complete.

“We hear in the news that in August they will leave Gush Katif, and we pray to God it won’t happen,” he said. “I ask God for them not to leave. If they do leave, there will be no food for my children.'

Mahmoud has been working at the settlement of Ganei Tal for more than 18 years and said he is happy with the work and earns as much as three Gaza laborers.

“There’s no work in Gaza,” he said, slamming the Palestinian Authority for its corruption.

“Only PLO members, those who work for the government, will get everything (following the pullout),” he said. “We won’t get anything.”

Still, Mahmoud chooses to blame Israel for all his problems. He said he would be doing better had Israel refrained from signing agreements with late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.

“Palestinians and Jews can live together, that’s how it used to be,” he said. “I don’t believe in a man coming from Tunis, who comes here and runs the country. They sucked our blood. You brought this mess upon us to begin with.”

You didn’t make peace with the Palestinian people but rather, with a man from Tunisia,” he said. “What does everyone want after all? To live peacefully side by side.”

Just like Mahmoud, 35-year-old Imad said he is also in despair over the upcoming withdrawal and is counting on a miracle to change the turn of events.

Imad said he has been working in Gush Katif for 17 years, adding that “agriculture is the only thing I know how to do.”

“After the disengagement, my children and I will have to eat gravel,” he said. “This entire disengagement is a big problem. I don’t want this soil. Take it and give me a way to make a living. In any case I’m not going to benefit from this land. ”

He said he would happily give his house for half of what the settlers are receiving for compensation, or even work.

“I would rather live in a makeshift hut all my life, but have food for my children,” he said. “I trust in God, and in my opinion the disengagement will be carried out. And therefore, only God can help me in making a living. Before I was born my fate was already sealed.”

"Your Rabin, before his death, brought us cancer along with peace,” he said. “Now Sharon also wants to say he is making peace, and he will give us more disease than calm. If you hand over Gush Katif, do you think there’ll be peace and everything will be OK? No. It hurts me to see my children and to know that in a little while there will be nothing for them to eat.’

“The best situation for everyone would be for them (settlers) not to leave. What will happen once they leave,” he said. “We will have more unemployment. Who will receive the land? Not the (Palestinian) nation.”

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive