2010 Hasby Awards, for the best hasbara events of the year, is reaching a fever pitch!The entire free world is awaiting the live presentation of the winners on December 7th in New York City.
While the selection process for the official Hasbies is a closely guarded secret by the audit firm of EoZ and Associates, the People's Choice Hasbara Awards are all up to you.
In no particular order, here are the nominees. (I am not including those who nominated things I did; that will be a separate poll.)
1. The IDF releasing video of soldiers being attacked on the Mavi Marmara within hours of the event, causing most viewers to see that the "peace protesters" were hardly peaceful:
2. The Im Tirtzu organization on publicizing the recipients of New Israel Fund monies going towards anti-Israel testimony in the Goldstone Report
3. Gabriel Latner's speech at the Cambridge Union Society debates arguing "Why Israel is a Rogue State."
4.Latma's We Con the World:
5. HRW founder Robert L. Bernstein's speech on Human Rights in the Middle East.
6. David Horowitz asking a question from a Muslim student at UCSD and getting a chilling answer:
7. RabbiLIVE revealing Helen Thomas' anti-semitism and ending her career:
8. 16-year old Elad Daniel Pereg facing off, alone, against an angry anti-Israel mob in Los Angeles with an IDF shirt and Israeli flag:
9. Israeli tourists sing Hebrew songs to the consternation of protesters outside the Ahava store in London on Rosh Hashanah:
10. The IDF's instant field hospital in Haiti after the earthquake:
11. The Emergency Committee for Israel's TV campaigns against anti-Israel candidates, specifically Pennsylvania's Joe Sestak, who lost:
12. The IDF's soldiers rocking the casbah in Hebron:
13. Rupert Murdoch's pro-Israel speech at the ADL dinner.
14. Pilar Rahola's article, "The Anti-Israel Hysteria"
15. Canadian PM Stephen Harper's speech at an anti-semitism conference:
16. Paris Zionists' unique protest against the anti-Israel Gaza photo exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art in Paris: