Saturday, December 19, 2009

  • Saturday, December 19, 2009
  • Elder of Ziyon
I visited the Old City tonight, with both a video camera (Canon Vixia HG20) and a point-and-shoot camera (Nikon Coolpix S210.) The Nikon has a much higher resolution, and I have taken many good pictures with it, but I had a feeling that for night shots the still mode on the video camera would give me higher quality shots, because it has a much larger lens and can gather more light.

So I took a picture of the Kotel from the same angle, using the default settings on both cameras.

Nikon Coolpix:

Canon Vixia:
Besides learning that I need to clean the lenses, the differences in quality are huge, and apparent even without enlarging the images to their full sizes. The small point-and-shoot just cannot handle low-light situations well. (Click on them to see that the Canon does well even at full resolution, while the Nikon is badly fuzzy at its higher resolution.)

For night-time photography, check out your camcorder - you might be pleasantly surprised.

Here's the Kotel from another angle on the Canon:


AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive