Mahmoud Abbas said something similar.
Remember, this plan says that the Arab world will accept Israel if Israel capitulates on every single issue (descendants of refugees, Jerusalem, 100% of territories.) And even if Israel does agree to commit national suicide by accepting these terms, there is no guarantee that Hamas or Islamic Jihad would.
So it seems to be a good time for Israel to make a counter-offer. Call it the Elder peace plan:
- Allow Jews to return to Mecca and Medina, where they lived before the Islamic conquest.
- Compensate all Jews from Arab lands for the possessions they lost when they were forced out after 1948.
- Give control of the Temple Mount back to the Jews.
- Rebuild or pay for all synagogues destroyed in Arab territory since 1800.
- Change the laws in Arab countries to allow Palestinian Arabs to become citizens if they choose.
- Allow Israeli TV to broadcast in Arab countries.
- In return, Israel will establish diplomatic relations with every Arab country. They'll fully normalize relations, send sports teams and orchestras and dance troupes to perform in Arab countries.