Friday, August 04, 2006

  • Friday, August 04, 2006
  • Elder of Ziyon
A couple of days ago when I was getting lots of hits and comments from Huffington Post readers on a posting that was linked there, I decided to try a little test in the comment section:
I also invite my new lefty fans to donate money to Israeli charities that help out Israeli refugees and victims of terror. I have a program that matches donations - check out my latest blog entry. (I'll understand if you don't want to donate to Friends of the IDF )

I'm sure that as compassionate people you donate money to help innocent victims, no matter whose side they are on. Right?
OK, it was obvious baiting, but I still wanted to see a reaction.

Most ignored it, but one of them took the bait:
You've got to be kidding. Israel already gets 1/3 of the U.S. taxpayers' foreign aid even though the last I heard it was the 12th or 16th richest country in the World.

Give me a break. How about spreading some of that wealth among the poor Palestinians instead of stealing the money that Israel owes them because Israel doesn't like the democratically elected politicians they chose?

So by this stunning logic, there must be no poor people who need help in the US or Canada either, since our nations are so rich.

While I usually do not like to generalize a group of people based on a single comment, this appears to be illustrative of the hypocrisy of those who claim to be equally compassionate towards those who need help.

Although if you are a liberal and want to prove me wrong, feel free to donate - I'll get the money matched.

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive