Many newspapers, however, emphasized the relatively small part that was critical of Israel. And the identity of some of those is surprising.
- The Independent: UN censures Israel for raid on flotilla that killed nine Turks
- MSN News India: Israel used excessive force on flotilla: UN inquiry
- Irish Times: UN says Gaza ship raid 'excessive'
- The Telegraph: UN inquiry calls Israel flotilla raid 'excessive'
- Washington Post: U.N. calls Israeli raid ‘unreasonable’
- WSJ: U.N. Calls Israel Force on Flotilla 'Excessive'
Other news outlets had headlines that were either "evenhanded" or more accurate:
- Radio Free Europe: UN Panel Faults Both Sides In Gaza Flotilla Clash
- San Francisco Chronicle: Israel justified, hit in U.N. report on blockade
- Boston Globe: Israel blockade of Gaza legal, UN review says; Force against Turkish flotilla called excessive
- TVNZ (New Zealand): Israeli blockade deemed legal by UN
Most interestingly, RTE/Ireland originally had a headline that said "UN report says Gaza blockade was legal" but it then changed it to Israel used "excessive force" on Mavi Marmara.