I'm going to test out advertorials at EoZ.
I do not want to just publish press releases. That would not be fair to my readers. So here are the rules for EoZ advertorials:
- I must approve of the item being advertised. If I don't believe in the product or service, I won't pretend I do.
- The product or service must be relevant to EoZ readers.
- I write the article, in my style, as honestly as I can.
- Obviously it will not be critical towards the item being advertised, but I will not write anything I do not believe. I will treat it as a blog post; use my own angle on the product or service, and do my own research if needed.
- The article will be approved by the advertiser.
- The article will be clearly labeled in the title and within the post as being an advertisement.
I think that this is fair; it allows me to make a little money but it should not detract from the blog experience. If you don't want to read an ad, you can skip it, but if you do read it the post will hopefully be as educational and entertaining as any other blog post.
The first one will probably be posted in the next couple of days.
If you have a relevant product or service you would like to have me write about, just contact me.