Monday, October 19, 2009

  • Monday, October 19, 2009
  • Elder of Ziyon
I finally found an English article about the controversy over the Palestinian Arab national anthem being played in a "distorted" way by Al Jazeera.

What happened is that a parody of the unofficial Palestinian Arab anthem had been going around various Arab websites over the past month, and Al Jazeera played part of it for guests belonging to Hamas and Fatah to ask their opinion. It was not Biladi, the official vengeful national anthem, but Mawtini, which was written in 1936 (and has more recently become the national anthem - of Iraq!)

Someone who was clearly sick and tired of how Palestinian Arab leaders act (of course, he wants them to embrace their terror roots far more) made fun of Mawtini, and the PalArabs directed their anger at Al Jazeera for playing it. Here are the parody lyrics that were played on the air and the original English translations:
My homeland, My homeland
Curse and perversity, Plague and hypocrisy
Are in your hills, Are in your hills
Tyrants and oppressors, Cunning not fidelity
Are in your sanctuary, Are in your sanctuary
Will I see you? Nothing else

Original:

My homeland, My homeland
Glory and beauty, Sublimity and splendor
Are in your hills, Are in your hills
Life and deliverance, Pleasure and hope
Are in your air, Are in your Air
Will I see you? Will I see you?
The original parody had more scathing lines:
My homeland, My homeland / My homeland, My homeland
The youth will not tire, 'till your independence / Agreement will never emerge
Or they die / No, its star will not appear
We will drink from death / Again
And will not be to our enemies / All kinds of parties have appeared
Like slaves, Like slaves / With one worry in mind
We do not want, We do not want / Which is to enslaved to our enemies
An eternal humiliation / And that you perish, you perish
Nor a miserable life / They don’t want, they don’t want
We do not want / Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock
But we will bring back / Al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock
Our storied glory, Our storied glory / Instead, they want, instead, they want
My homeland, My homeland / To live like slaves
The sword and the pen / Which is certain shame for us
Not the talk nor the quarrel / My homeland, My homeland
The video of the parody, showing various PalArab leaders who are considered traitors, can be seen here. It already has about 50,000 views on YouTube.

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive