His latest lies concern the Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt:
PLC member and secretary general of the Palestinian National Initiative, Dr Mustafa Barghouthi, said on Saturday that the Israel denying reentry to Gaza to 6,000 Palestinians trapped at Rafah Crossing is endangering their lives.
Barghouthi said in a press release that "28 Palestinians have died at the crossing since June 1st and the world has remained silent on Israeli actions, which transformed the strip into an open-air detention centre."
He added that a large number of Palestinians trapped at the crossing are in urgent need of medical treatment.
Barghouthi explained that even the deceased were not immune to Israeli punishment as they were denied entry to the strip and held in morgue in Egyptian hospitals.
Now, let's look at the truth:
- Israel has offered to allow any stranded Gazans to enter through the Kerem Shalom crossing.
- As soon as this offer was made, Hamas and Islamic Jihad shelled that same crossing and threatened the lives of any Palestinian Arabs who attempt to use it.
- The next day, Egypt prevented thousands of stranded Palestinians from going to the Kerem Shalom crossing.
- The EU is responsible for Rafah, and the agreement that opened Rafah to begin with specified that Fatah would be responsible for control there. The EU considers Hamas to be a terror organization and they cannot according to their own agreement allow Hamas to re-open the crossing.
- The bodies of those who died at Rafah were transferred to Gaza through Kerem Shalom.