Saturday, May 14, 2005

  • Saturday, May 14, 2005
  • Elder of Ziyon
A letter to the Stanford newspaper shows the beginnings of a real education.
I am a Jew. I support human rights for the Palestinian people and do not agree with some things Prime Minister Sharon is doing. I have never hurt a Palestinian, and as a Jew I am saddened that the issue at hand during the Nakbah Day event was devalued to simply another racist message.

I stood in there in horror Tuesday as people stared at my 'I love Israel, I want Peace, I am a Zionist' shirt and as speeches were given decrying what the 'Jews are doing.' I don't know if the Stanford Muslims actually hate the Jews or if it was simply an act of ignorance, but I was scared about the message being conveyed to the community.

I also was shaken up by the propaganda shown at the event. The speakers rallied the crowd against former Prime Minister Golda Meir for her famous quote 'Palestinians don't exist,” but carefully avoided the fact that neither the Palestinian Liberation Organization nor any of the surrounding Arab countries recognize the state of Israel at all.

The propaganda did not stop there. The next speaker vilified Israel through an undated Mahatma Gandhi quote questioning Israel's legitimacy to exist. ('It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct.') However, this quote is from 1938, well before the Holocaust made it clear that Jews were homeless. I was stunned that such an out of context and outdated quote would be used to inform Stanford students.

Don't get me wrong: the Palestinians have very real human rights complaints, but those complaints were lost in the racism of Nakbah Day.

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive