.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Haters targeting Israeli soap products store in Vancouver

For months, Israel-haters have been boycotting a store in Vancouver that sells Israeli-made body products made by Lavan:




YNet publicized the problem last week:
Anti-Israel protesters are stepping up their activities ahead of "anti-Israeli apartheid week," whose organizers have pledged will see operations against Israeli establishments worldwide.

One of the cities already plagued by such activities is Vancouver, Canada. Israeli Shani Bar-Oz, who owns a store carrying Israeli-made toiletries in down-town Vancouver, says the alarmingly growing rate of protests by anti-Israel activists, has her fearing for her safety.

Bar-Oz, 33, said her store is often targeted by anti-Israel protesters shouting anti-Semitic slogans.

"On the first day (of the protests) one of my employees called me in tears – there were dozens of people standing outside the store and shouting. They had a doll in the image of Lieberman and one of a vulture. It was horrible."

The protesters, she added, do more than just block the entrance to her store – they distribute flyers of anti-Israeli propaganda: "It wreaks havoc on my business reputation. I have to explain to my clients and my investors why I'm under attack.

"I'm very proud of being an Israeli, but it's not easy" she told Ynet on Friday. "I've become an ambassador of sorts – I keep having to explain Israel to people, but all I do is sell soap."

Bar-Oz contacted the Jewish leadership in Vancouver and informed them of her plight. "I asked for their help because I'm all alone here. I have no one else to turn to. I told them I feel like I'm exposed on the front line.

"I really feel all alone here. I'm a sitting duck and I don't feel safe," she added. "I don't know what this week will bring, and I also worry about reaching out to the Jewish community. I don't want this to spin out of control."
A day after the story ran, things are much better:
The story of Shani Bar-Oz, a Canada-based Israeli facing venomous protests outside her Vancouver soap products store, elicited a huge wave of support and generated new business, the shop owner old Ynet.

"I received a huge embrace and plenty of support," Bar-Oz said, after an article about her plight appeared on Ynet. In the story, the store owner, who insists on selling Israeli products, shared her fears of contenting with anti-Israel protesters targeting her business and shouting anti-Semitic slogans.

However, it now appears that the boycott campaign against Bar-Oz has backfired, with new orders pouring in as result of the story.

"There were Israelis who came into the store and said they saw the article and want to support and help me; I expressed my heartfelt thanks to them," she said. "People won't stop calling and ordering products on the phone and online, and this is truly touching and making me stronger."

As is my habit when bullies go after small stores that sell Israeli products, here is a free ad for Lavan Body, Mind and Soap. Go buy their products online!


There is only one reason why people would spend day after day boycotting a store like this, and it isn't their love for Palestinian Arabs.